Mission: To provide leadership, guidance and facilitation to manage our air resource by mitigating the air pollution in order to enhance the health and well being of public and the quality of our environment.
Thrust areas identified for the AirMAC to operate include:
Planning and Programming
Awareness Creation/ Public Sensitization
Legal & Institutional Development
Review/ Set Standards
Inter Agency Coordination
Air Quality Monitoring
Collection & Dissemination of Air Quality Data/ Information
Vehicular Emission Controlling
Indoor Air Quality Management
Emission monitoring and modeling
Capacity building and training
Vision: Clean Air, Healthy Nation
Objectives: Development and smooth function of an effective coordination mechanism
Integration of air pollution abatement programms implemented in the island
Development & implementing public sensitization programmes
Institutional strengthening, training, capacity building of related staff of air resources management
Development of policies and programme
Harnessing of resource for air resource management
Establishment of air resource information Network for collection and dissemination of air quality documents
Promotion & facilitation of air quality research with a view to ensuring of clean and safe air for the health and well being of the people.
Refer Indoor Air Quality Management Pilot Project Report
Completed National Indoor Air Quality Management Action Plan
Our Experience And Interest In The Four PCIA Central Focus Areas
Non adequate awareness on indoor air pollution and related issues.
Promotion of efficient fuelwood cooking stoves and introduce low cost kitchen improvements to reduce IAP.
Preparing the guildelines and policy initiatives for indoor air quality management in Sri Lanka.
Main activity of the Indoor Air Quality Management Pilot Project was monitoring the exposure and health monitoring of various housholds.
Research on Indoor & Outdoor relationship in urban and sub urban areas.
Relevant Publications or Studies
1. Report on Indoor Air Quality Management Pilot Project
2. "Air That We Breath" First National symposium on Air Quality Management in Sri Lanka.(Collection of Research Papers & CD)
3. "Air That We Breath" Second National symposium on Air Quality Management in Sri Lanka.(Collection of Research Papers & CD)
4. "Air That We Breath" Second National symposium on Air Quality Management in Sri Lanka.(Collection of Research Papers)
5. Air Resource Management Of Sri Lanka (output of the Urban Air Quality Management Project funded by the World Bank
6. National Indoor Air Quality Management workshop report
Our Contribution to the Partnership
Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
Support to coordination of other Sri Lankan organisations and shareing experiences
Making policies related to Indoor Air Quality Management in Sri Lanka
funding Support to implementation of IAQ management activities in Sri Lanka